Welcome!

Welcome to Moondog Treasures: yoga jewelry for women and men, mala bracelets, Sanskrit mantra necklaces, and wire-wrapped beaded crosses. I'm a yoga teacher, and these are my creations. On this blog you can read the story behind the jewelry. You'll also get to meet other talented Etsy artists whose work I admire. Contact me at moondogtreasures@live.com.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Etsy Artist of the Week

This week's artist is Flor Larios.  I love her paintings of the Virgin Mary.  She's a big fan of Frida Kahlo too!  Just like me!  From her site..."I'm a self taught artist & illustrator. I love to paint and create decorative art pieces for the home and for you to wear.  I like angels, fairies, madonnas, nativities, butterflies, and ladybugs. I love art! I get my inspiration thru Frida Kahlo's art and religious icons."


Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal
  I've admired this artist for quite some time, choosing this particular item to showcase because it has a personal significance for me.  My sister, her daughter, my daughter and I got to visit the Shrine of the Miraculous Medal when we were in Paris last summer.  The site was so unassuming,  nestled in among the other buildings along a Paris sidestreet.  
Outside the religious site


A sculpture inside the courtyard

Inside the courtyard - a close-up of a carving of the actual medallion that many Catholics wear
Inside was a beautiful chapel where we happened upon the beginning of mass (in French, of course).  There was school of children visiting.  We listened to their angels' voices singing every song during the mass.  By far, this was absolutely my favorite part of Paris. 
Inside the chapel

Statue of St. Vincent de Paul

2 comments:

Flor Larios Art said...

Beautiful photos! Thank you so much for posting about me :)

Yoga Bridge said...

I love seeing all the new pieces you've been creating!