Welcome!

Welcome to Moondog Treasures: yoga jewelry for women and men, mala bracelets, Sanskrit mantra necklaces, and wire-wrapped beaded crosses. I'm a yoga teacher, and these are my creations. On this blog you can read the story behind the jewelry. You'll also get to meet other talented Etsy artists whose work I admire. Contact me at moondogtreasures@live.com.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Etsy Artist of the Week

This week's artist is Mae Chevrette.  I found this piece inspiring.
About the artist:  Hi! My name is Mae, and I am a 25 year old full-time artist living and working in Boston, Massachusetts. I am very curious and love all things creative, fun, and interesting.

I grew up in Seattle, Washington and moved to Massachusetts for college, with a few summers spent living and playing on an island in Georgia. I've taken about a dozen roadtrips alone in between those three places and I think it helped create a love of geography, old maps, found objects and hidden stories, which I try to incorporate into my art as much as possible. Each painting combines inspirational words, beautiful photographs and lots of bits and pieces of things found along the way.


No comments: