Welcome!

Welcome to Moondog Treasures: yoga jewelry for women and men, mala bracelets, Sanskrit mantra necklaces, and wire-wrapped beaded crosses. I'm a yoga teacher, and these are my creations. On this blog you can read the story behind the jewelry. You'll also get to meet other talented Etsy artists whose work I admire. Contact me at moondogtreasures@live.com.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Meanings of My 4 Favorite Gemstones

What are your favorite colors?  I love anything blue.  Can colors bring about a certain state of mind?  I believe they can. 

Recently, I've been reading a lot about the properties of gemstones. I use lots of beautiful gemstones when creating the malas and mala bracelets for my shop.  Here are some of my favorites: turquoise, lucky jasper, fossil jasper, quartz, lapis lazuli, and sodalite. 

I've found lots of information online about the meanings of various gemstones.  I'll share here some information from www.yogabasics.com.
  1. Jasper is said to bring stabilization and balance, to bring about feelings of joy and to provide sound sleep.  Turquoise Jasper is a protecting and nurturing stone that is said to promote gentleness, tranquility, and healing.
  2. Quartz is said to be the universal healing stone, promoting hope, happiness and optimism.  Rose quartz in particular can open the heart chakra to all forms of love and remove fear. 
  3. Lapis lazuli is believed to bring about harmony in relationships and release old karmic patterns.
  4. Sodalite: Sodalite is known to balance emotional and mental states and to promote intuition and harmony.


Do they work? Here's a comment from one of my customers:  "I love this piece Susan. The earthy Jasper and the fact that it's a mala bracelet make it extra special. I see more purchases in the near future. Thank you!"

Wrist malas, or mala bracelets are a best-seller in my shop. To see my mala collections, click on the following links:
 
Every year during the month of September, Moondog donates 54% of all sales of mala bracelets to charity. I do this in honor of the Global Mala, an incredible annual yoga event that was set into motion in 2007 by Shiva Rea to raise awareness and funds for causes that affect our planet. See www.globalmala.org or www.yogamonth.org for more information.


Shop now at Moondog Treasures Click here if you'd like to be added to my monthly newsletter. I send out special discounts in my shop to my newsletter subscribers! 
I'm the creator behind this blog and Moondog Treasures: yoga jewelry for women and men, mala bracelets, Sanskrit mantra necklaces, and wire-wrapped beaded crosses. I use this blog to share what I do and to feature other talented Etsy artists whose work I admire.

No comments: