Welcome!

Welcome to Moondog Treasures: yoga jewelry for women and men, mala bracelets, Sanskrit mantra necklaces, and wire-wrapped beaded crosses. I'm a yoga teacher, and these are my creations. On this blog you can read the story behind the jewelry. You'll also get to meet other talented Etsy artists whose work I admire. Contact me at moondogtreasures@live.com.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New listing

New mala bracelet at moondogtreasures today!
This mala bracelet has just about every color of the rainbow in it!! A Japa mala, or mala, is a set of prayer beads popular in India and Tibet, commonly made from 108 beads. It is used to keep count while reciting, chanting, or mentally repeating a mantra.
This mala bracelet has 27 unique beads featuring such stones as magnasite turquoise, rose quartz, turquoise, purple jade, fossil jasper, blue coral, and lucky jasper. Bracelet has one larger deep blue glass bead. The beads are strung on clear strong elastic cord which is double-knotted at the end.

2 comments:

April Ellis said...

I love this bracelet, it's gorgeous.

Yoga Bridge said...

Thanks april!! I'm off to visit your blog!