Welcome!

Welcome to Moondog Treasures: yoga jewelry for women and men, mala bracelets, Sanskrit mantra necklaces, and wire-wrapped beaded crosses. I'm a yoga teacher, and these are my creations. On this blog you can read the story behind the jewelry. You'll also get to meet other talented Etsy artists whose work I admire. Contact me at moondogtreasures@live.com.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

From the workshop...

My latest addition to the shop:  bracelets made with sari ribbon.
introducing my new *shakti* line of bracelets, accented with remnants from actual saris. shakti is the concept, or personification, of divine feminine creative power. a sari is a dress worn primarily by hindu women; consisting of several yards of light silk material that is draped around the body.

these chunky agate stones show off beautiful shades of pink, orange and brown. these large beads are strung on clear strong elastic cord which is double-knotted at the end.  for more spiritually-inspired jewelry designs, see http://www.etsy.com/shop/moondogtreasures



No comments: