Welcome!

Welcome to Moondog Treasures: yoga jewelry for women and men, mala bracelets, Sanskrit mantra necklaces, and wire-wrapped beaded crosses. I'm a yoga teacher, and these are my creations. On this blog you can read the story behind the jewelry. You'll also get to meet other talented Etsy artists whose work I admire. Contact me at moondogtreasures@live.com.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Etsy Artist of the Week

Adventuresof JRsShop is the Etsy Artist this week. Her work is beautiful. I'm such a fan of the fingerless gloves...and these are cashmere!! She mentions in her profile that she learned her craft from her grandmother. Same here!! Love you, Granny!

Click on the pic below to view JR's store.



Here's more about the artist:
This is a cozy little pair of cashmere handwarmers. They are hand crocheted in cashmere with a scalloped edge around the fingers and a ruffled trim along the cuff. Three functional buttons seal the deal. Hand dyed pure Mongolian cashmere.

After graduating from Boston University with a Pre-Med/Biology degree last spring, I immediately began knitting, weaving, and crocheting. After going broke from spending all of my money on cashmere yarn, I decided that I needed to make it my job to share my art with others. Thus, Adventures of... Jessica Rose was formed. A of JR is based in the heart of the historic, artistic and beautiful Woodstock, NY. A of JR was facilitated by my Nana, who taught me how to crochet and is a product of my lifelong fascination with culture, art, science, nature and all things good in the world.

2 comments:

Yoga Bridge said...

Congrats, Jessica!! I truly admire your work!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for featuring me!! I'm truly touched!